When you call a foster care union, you call one of the satellites of a union organization for which you are a contributing member.
When you call the FFARIQ, you call a federation founded 45 years ago by foster families, for foster families, and whose activities are all focused on foster families.That includes the defence of their rights and interests, the FFARIQ is recognized as the most active and effective in moving things forward.
The difference is that in addition to having access to all the legal services that are essential to the recognition of your rights, you have access to judicious services.
For authorities, FFARIQ is the organization that has much larger impact and therefore the most influence, because of its history, its knowledge of the files and the number of foster families represented. In addition to standing up for foster families facing litigation, we are working every day to amend laws and regulations that undermine, rather than helping, foster families and children.
Among our legal services
• Legal advice for the interpretation and application of the collective agreement;
• Representation of members throughout the legal process during a disagreement, administrative investigation or disagreement over the contract between the resource and the institution;
• Assistance by a lawyer or union advisor in problematic situations with an institution.
For host families, the FFARIQ is the most present and caring organization with concrete and effective representation in 8 regions of Quebec with regional committees made up of foster families. thus, it’s our foster families who identify their real needs, and we work in accordance with these needs to improve their exercise conditions.
Among our smart services
• Information and training on the rights and responsibilities of foster families in carrying out their activities within the framework of their mandate with children;
•proximity services and information transmission tailored to the realities of our host families;
- Active listening to the daily needs of our families, even when it is not a case of litigation, so that they can be directed to the most competent resources and that this need can be taken into consideration as soon as possible.
- Forums for foster families to share and support each other.
By the way, each year the FFARIQ organizes a provincial congress that takes place alternately in one of the eight regions where it is present. These “recognition” conferences focus on sharing experiences, exchanging ideas and opinions, and helping others. Speakers enrich our host families with tips and tools adapted to their daily lives. Professional partner resources present their services in exhibition booths. And of course, each of the 2,500 host families that the FFARIQ accompanies has the right to vote at our general meeting.Our foster families come out absolutely motivated, energized, strengthened in their values and convictions and, of course, enriched by the experience of others.